Welcome to Embed Journal. This a static site map page for this blog. This page will help you in navigating through series posts and closely related posts easily. All the post that are made in this blog are not easily accessible form the archives or form the corresponding category archives. Some times there are a series of posts and not all of them are consecutive. Simply put, this page will guide you to locate what you are looking for easily. We will keep updating this page as and when series posts are made.
Character LCD interface:
Here are a set of posts to help you to interface the Character LCD in various modes. This series starts with the theory behind the most commonly available LCD modules and moves on to the various kinds or interfaces and programming the controller to work with that interface.
- LCD basics and theory
- LCD Command Sheet HTML version
- Interfacing LCD in 8 bit mode
- Interfacing LCD in 4 bit mode
- Displaying Custom Characters on LCD
Stepper Motor Interface:
This sequence of post will let you in on the secrets of interfacing stepper motors. The program is done for PIC but the logic should help you interface stepper motors with any microcontroller.
Make your self a digital clock:
This series gives a bottom up approach to making your own digital clock. Its surprising how an item as simple and unobtrusive as a digital clock can provide such a challenge in building (from scratch). This series starts right form the I2C protocol and moves on to the RTC and then finally clubs them all together to give it a finished look!
Line Follower Robot:
This is the most common type of robot that is being built by students and hobbyist all around the world. Though simple will get you to know a lot of basic concepts involved in programming and circuit design. Here are a set of post that will walk you through the various levels in involved in the building of Line Follower Robots.
- Make a chassis for your robot
- Line Follower Robot Build it from Scratch
- Programming the Line Follower Robot
Shortest Path Line Follower Robot:
This an evolved form of the Line Follower Robot. Besides having the intelligence to follow lines, this robot will remember the path it took and determined the shortest path that it could have taken by eliminating redundant moves and comes back to the source node form the destination node taking the shortest path that it had calculated. These post will give you the logic for doing so and also help you build one for yourself. PS. read the first post carefully.
- 9 NovemberCustom RFS for Beaglebone Black using Busybox
- 28 SeptemberMy approach to the Mesh Flare Problem (IIT-B’s Techfest)
- 5 JuneGLEM: Graphical LCD Emulator in C
- 6 DecemberExternal Event Counter – Seven Segment Displays
- 5 OctoberCompiling and Deploying BeagleBone Black Kernel
- 11 JulyRace condition in reading RTC timekeeping registers
- 24 MayInterfacing 16×2 LCD with C2000 launchpad
- 14 DecemberSimple DIY Electromagnetic Bell
- 6 DecemberMicrocontroller Input voltage Measurement through ADC Module
- 6 JuneUseful Books for Reference
- 30 MaySerial Ports are dead? Think again!
- 28 MayServo Motor Interface – Looking behind Arduino’s Servo library
- 23 MayArduino Like Serial / UART Library for PIC 18 Microcontrollers
- 18 MayBasics of DC Motor Drive and Speed Control for Robots
- 16 MayImplementing Circular/Ring Buffer in Embedded C
- 27 AprilTesting RF Transmitter and Receiver Circuit
- 2 MarchCircuit Debugging – Tips Tricks & Techniques
- 16 NovemberPIC Pin Diagram: A printable copy for quick reference
- 12 NovemberAre you reading the datasheet? What to look for and how to find them!
- 3 NovemberGraphic LCD: GLCD Command Sheet HTML Version
- 20 OctoberDIY: Don’t Buy Breadboard Power Supply Make it!
- 13 OctoberGetting Started with PIC Microcontrollers
- 12 SeptemberPIC Timer Calculator : giveAway#1
- 31 AugustCool C Programming Tricks For Embedded Software Developers
- 27 AugustInterrupt On Change (IOC) in PIC Microcontrollers
- 24 AugustMigrating to HI-TECH C Compiler from the Microchip C18 Compiler
- 17 AugustInterface 4×4 Matrix Keypad With Microcontroller
- 12 AugustInterface 7 Segment Display with Microcontroller
- 9 AugustStandalone BreadBoard Breakout for PIC Microcontrollers
- 7 AugustHow to Make PCBs at Home With Toner Transfer Method
- 5 AugustHow to Make a Tray to suspend PCBs into the Etchant
- 27 JulyStepper Motor Interface with PIC Microcontroller
- 21 JulyStepper Motors – Introduction and Working Principle
- 19 JulyMake a Digital Clock with DS1307 and PIC 18F4520
- 15 JulyGetting Started with Linux
- 13 July8 Reasons Why You Should Switch to MPLAB X IDE
- 7 JulyHack a Toy Car to Make a Cheap Wireless Robot
- 6 JulyProgramming Shortest Path Line Follower Robot
- 5 JulyCubieboard a $50 Single Board Computer
- 4 JulyInterface – LCD in 4 bit Mode: Part 3
- 26 JuneProgramming LCD in 8 bit mode – Part -2
- 25 JuneInterfacing LCD Module with Microcontroller: Part -1
- 20 JuneCharacter LCD Command Sheet HTML Version
- 19 JuneWorkaround for “SD Card Initialization Failed!” in Arduino
- 17 JunePandaBoard : Technical Reference and Review.
- 15 JuneNeed for Clock Line in Digital Communication
- 13 JuneRaspberry Pi: Let’s take a bite from it!
- 11 JuneCompiling C Programs Using GCC
- 11 JuneHow-to: Make a Chassis For Your Robot
- 9 JuneBeagleBone – Detailed Technical Review
- 8 JuneShortest Path Line Follower Robot Logic Revealed!
- 8 JuneRaspberry Pi Google Calendar – A Combined venture for Mobile Phones
- 7 JuneGot the GPS and GSM Modules delivered!!
- 4 JuneProgramming a Line Follower Robot
- 1 JuneLine Follower Robot – Build it from scratch
- 30 MayTimer / Counter Module – A Controller Independent Guide
- 28 MayEngineers! are you starting embedded systems with arduino?
- 25 MayEDA (Electronic Design Automation) – Where Electronics Begins
- 17 MayWhich is the best EDA tool?
- 14 MayInterfacing RTC with Microcontroller
- 13 MayI2C Protocol (2-Wire Interface) in a nut shell
- 10 MayBeagle Bone a look from outside
- 9 MayDIY wireless Keyboard (fun in making things yourself)
- 5 MayMake a Simple RC (Remote Controlled) Robot Car
- 3 MayGetting started with Embedded Systems
- 1 MayShaastra 2013 Nights on the streets (Jan’13)
- 25 AprilHow to use gmail form terminal (Linux)
- 24 AprilWorking with git from a Linux machine
- 21 AprilYet another Hello World?